Stopping and Starting!

NEW DC/DC IS HERE AND MOUNTED!!!!!


My thanks to Fany at Kelly Controller for her great helping selecting the one I needed and getting it customized! After I received the DC I started to work on the drive train to make it actually finish it and make sure that it was functioning, However, I discover that the motor mount needed some adjustment. So one quick trip down to my local metal supply shop and picked up a new slab of 6061 T-6 11 1/2 x 12 x 1/4 and about 2 and a half hours of quick work and voila we have a new motor mount that has been moved up 1/2 an inch and then 1/2 a inch forward so that it was more in line with the actual line from the rear swing arm, I also cleaned up everything to look better (honestly, I think it looks better then before πŸ™‚ ). I also adjusted the motor by 45 degrees to better fit it into the chassis,and maybe even allow me to move one of the batteries onto the left hand side so that i have the front stack as 8 and the second stack as 4 πŸ™‚ that one is yet to be determined, its an added benefit not a major design redo. It will require new threaded rod for the back section but its not a big deal to get it, just need to put together a giant Mc-Master order! Here is some new porn for yall to enjoy πŸ™‚ After I had finished this I mounted the front wheel and brakes and did a bleed on them so that I can stop the bike here soon enough πŸ™‚

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s